Shaynna Blaze is an Australian interior designer and television personality. She is an award-winning Interior Designer who has created stunning interiors in residential homes and commercial spaces for more than twenty years.
Here are her top tips for outdoor renovation:
1. Consider access: Put doors to the outdoor area that enable easy access in the right spots.
2. Cafe blinds, outdoor heaters and fans, turn the area into a living room that you can use all year round.
3. Build your BBQ into a bench top and put in cupboards and a fridge to have everything on hand.
4. Divide your space as you would a home with a table and chairs for dining and a ‘hang out’ area with either floor cushions or a bench seat to read a book or take a bit of time out, as it isn’t always about entertaining.
5. Put in planter boxes that create visual screens to the area but also gives you space to plant herbs that are fragrant to touch and a quick snip and pop on your salad as you are serving.