Applied and Decorative Painting was announced winner of ‘Medium Employer of the Year’ at the Queensland Training Awards this month!
As a Medium Employer of the Year award winner, we were recognised as a medium enterprise that has achieved excellence in the provision of nationally recognised training to our employees.
‘Nationally recognised training’ refers to training that is based on a national training package or accredited course which results in a person receiving a formal qualification or Statement of Attainment issued by a registered training organisation (RTO). This includes apprenticeships and traineeships.
Selection Criteria includes:
Extend and quality of training for employees
- This involves courses that employees undertake, percentage of employees actively engaged in training, involvement in design training, average hours per month spent in training and how to integrate the training.
Achievements of the business and its employees that can be attributed to training
- It involves personal training achievement and how it has improved the business
Integration of training into business planning
- It involves the training needs of the employees and the business and how training fits into workforce development.
Innovation and excellence in design and development of training
- It involves innovative methods and approaches for effective training.
Commitment to equity in training
- It includes numbers of employees who are trained and engaged in training and managerial jobs. The training was made available to groups under-represented in employment, education and training, such as people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, people in older age groups and people living in remote areas.
Thank you to all of our team who has contributed to our success and thank you to our loyal clients – without you this would not have happened!